Metro Denver-Boulder-Evergreen (303-720 area codes)
- The Cable Center <CableCenter.org> -
web site excerpts (mission statement): "The Cable Center provides education and information to the educational community, the cable industry, and the public, while celebrating cables contributions to society."
2000 Buchtel Blvd., Denver, CO 80210
- Colorado Out Spoken <ColoradoOutSpoken.org> - weekly gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgendered news & entertainment broadcast on KBDI channel 12 on Sunday nights. Also on Denver Cable channel 57 and Boulder Cable channel 54.
P.O. Box 9901, Denver, CO 80209
- Community Television of Boulder <CommTV.org> - Channel 54
2590 Walnut Street, Suite 2, Boulder, CO 80302
- DCTV ch 57 & 58 <DCTV.org> - Denver Community Television. DCTV offers classes at very low cost to aspiring videographers at the Five Points Media Center.
web site excerpts: "enver Community Television is a nonprofit organization established in 1988 to facilitate, promote, coordinate and manage public access programming in Denver. We inform and educate members of the community about the potential communication benefits and services that public access television can provide. DCTV provides training and technical help the citizens of Denver realize the potential of noncommercial programming and serve as a resource center for information, materials, programming and equipment to provide services to all facets of the community. The resources of DCTV are available only to Colorado residents of the City and County of Denver and Glendale"
Denver Community Television
2900 Welton St. Suite 300, Denver , CO 80205
- Home Box Office Services
5445 DTC Parkway, Greenwood Village, CO
- IBlueTV <IBlueTV.com> - Internet television
c/o HowerComm Communications LLC
21485 E. 46th Ave., Denver, CO 80249
- KCNC News 4 <KCNCNews4.com> -
News, weather, program schedules.
- KDVR Fox 31 <Fox31.com> -
100 East Speer Blvd., Denver, CO 80203
- KMGH Channel 7 <KMGH.com> -
- KRMA Channel 6 <KRMA.org> - Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting
1089 Bannock St., Denver 80204
- KUSA Channel 9 <9News.com> - web site has local entertainment listings (in addition to programming). 9NEWS, P.O. Box 9, Denver 80201
500 Speer Blvd., Denver 80201
- KWGN-TV Channel Two <WB2.com> -
location: 6160 So. Wabash Way, Englewood, CO
mail: P. O. Box 5222, Englewood, CO 80155-5222
(740) 2855 (news)
- Music Link - Music Link was broadcast on KBDI Channel 12 TV and a local radio station. The former web site <TheMusicLink.com> appears to be defunct. (no info available)
- Rocky Mountain PBS - Channel 6 <KRMA.org> -
1089 Bannock St., Denver, CO
KRMJ CH 18 2520 Blichmann Grand Junction, CO 81505 970-245-1818
KTSC CH 8 2200 Bonforte Blvd Pueblo, CO 81001 719-543-8800
- Jann Scott TV shows <JannScott.com> - Jann Scott became one of Boulder's more controversal cable TV media figures primarily via his Jann Scott Live TV program on Channel 54. As a reporter, Jann is perhaps best known as a beloved thorn in the side of now-retired District Attorney Alex Hunter during the long drawn out JonBenét Ramsey murder publicity. The initial investigation in that case was bungled by Boulder Police in their feverish effort to pin the child killing on Mrs. Ramsey before the doughnuts got stale. Jann got his local start in journalism as an ad space sales rep for Cake Eaters, a music and culture tabloid published every month or two in 1974 and '75 after he had just arrived from his home in Great Britain. The somewhat whimsical art deco styled rag was the brainchild of maverick "new journalist" Sam Maddox (later of Boulder Monthly fame and a journalism instructor at CU). Offices were located at the old Citizen's National Bank building at 1426 Pearl Street, also the home of KRNW radio and Good Earth nightclub upstairs, where local band Firefall played songs like "You Are the Woman" and "Just Remember I Love You" during Jann's tenure. Benny Goodman entertained there in a previous era. In a bit of pure irony, the second floor Cake Eaters office would later become the home of Access Graphics, owned by John Ramsey, before and after the sensational murder of six year old JonBenét on December 25, 1996. A ransom note suggested that the killer may have had inside knowledge of Mr. Ramsey's recent $118,117.50 company bonus. As far as we know, Jann Scott did not kill JonBenét. But if the real killer is ever found, rumor is that Alex Hunter hopes to persuade authorities to let Jann interview him in lieu of lethal injection. All kidding aside, Jann is an unpretentious true believer in raw and oft-zany home-rolled journalism despite being a bit rough on the edges. We're only sorry that he was not a member of the White House Press Corps during the Bush administration.
- Teletunes <Teletunes.tv> - alternative music video show
The Teletunes program has been Denver's premiere TV showcase for local and world bands. Teletunes was formerly on formerly on KBDI Public TV 12. Now it can be found on Denver Community Television, DCTV Channel 57 and Boulder Cable Television, CTV Channel 54.
Outside the metro Denver-Boulder-Evergreen area (303 and 720 telephone area codes)
- Springs Culture Cast <SpringsCultureCast.com> -
web site excerpts: "Broadcasting.... on PPLD channel 17.... and on KRCC 91.5 FM Monday through Friday.... Springs Culture Cast is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization.... the second largest organization of their kind in America, and they help thousands of artists."
|- - - -
Introduction - Television
We will have an intro later.
© Colorado Arts Net