Metro Denver-Boulder-Evergreen (303-720 area codes)
- Augustana Arts <AugustanaArts.org> - The Augustana Institute of Music (AIM) is a .....community music school in the Denver area. AIM's main campus is located at Augustana Lutheran Church, 5000 East Alameda...... AIM's mission is to provide high quality, professionally conducted music classes and private lessons. AIM offers its students the use of recording and performance facilities, and opportunities to attend masterclasses and workshops. We provide a wide range of Suzuki based lessons as well as traditional lessons. Private instruction opportunities include voice, Violin, Viola, cello, guitar, clarinet, flute, piano, recorder Augustana Arts presents performing artists from both the front range, and of international caliber including such groups as The Moscow Chamber Orchestra, the Swingle Singers from England, the Real Group jazz quintet from Sweden, recitalists such as the Metropolitan Opera Soprano Heidi Grant Murphy, cellist David Finckel of the Emerson Quartet and his wife, pianist Wu Han, just to name a few. We are also a producing organization: We produce two operas/season as well as large choral works, etc. We have a resident chamber orchestra that specializes in music of the Baroque, and we have a community music education program, the Augustana Institute of Music, where people of all ages can take private music lessons in all instruments and voice.
Augustana Lutheran Church, 5000 East Alameda Ave., Denver, CO 80246
(303) 388-4678, ext. 217
also: Holy Shepherd Lutheran Church, 920 Kipling
- mission statement paraphrased from web site and email rec'd 2001 Oct. 22 from Donald Tallman, exec. dir,
- Colorado Flute Association <ColoradoFluteAssociation.org> -an organization dedicated to providing performance and educational opportunities for Colorado flutists and flute lovers of all ages and abilities. Established in 1991, the CFA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization affiliated with the National Flute Association and the National Federation of Music Clubs.
- ref: email Dennis Rawley 2002Ap30Tu
- Colorado Heavy Metal <ColoradoMetal.org> -
- Colorado Music <Coloradomusic.com> -
Above site is tentatively linked and will be evaluated later.
- Colorado Music Association <Coloradomusic.org> -
Colorado Music Assn. was formed 1999 June 25 by Dolly Zander, Dave Barber & Scott Taylor to coalescesce the music scene for all involved. Previously Dolly has held the chair at Rocky Mountain Music Association which she was involved in since the 1980s, has worked with promoter Doug Kauffman from his budding years as a local promoter (Nobody In Particular Presents) and has been been a music scene regular since her earliest days in Detroit. Meetings are held monthly and are open to the public.
web site excerpts: "The Colorado Music Association is a... group of music lovers with exciting plans to help invigorate and coalesce the music community and assist the scene and its members to prosper and continue to grow. We.... embrace the songwriters, musicians, performers, studios, record companies, retail stores, distributors, nightclubs, music publishers, agents, managers, promoters, publicity gurus, producers, engineers, concert halls, related businesses, and other aficionados of the entire region. Our official status is that of a Colorado nonprofit 501-C3 corporation, but our active support of the creation, performance and promotion of new and original music belies that rather staid configuration. We will be presenting educational programs to hip musicians to the nuances of the treacherous business of music, working to broaden public appreciation, and expending utmost effort toward enhancing the buzz about Colorado's homegrown talent, both locally, across the nation and potentially throughout the universe."
Colorado Music Association, 8 East 1st Ave., #107, Denver, CO 80203
- ref: Dolly email 99JL10; call-in survey 99JL19 Dollly; Dolly email2004Mr29.
- Colorado Musicore <Musicore.com> -
- ColoradoRock.com -
- KBDI Public TV 12
KBDI Teletunes <Denver-Rocks.com/teletunes> -
"alternative music video show" - KBDI's Teletunes program has long been Denver's premiere TV showcase for local and world bands.
Contact: KBDI TV-12, P.O. Box 1740, Denver, CO 80201
Location: , 2900 Welton St. in Five Points Media Center;
- Rocky Mountain Music Assn.
(See: Colorado Music Association above.)
- Swallow Hill Music Assn. <SwallowHill.com> -
Swallow Hill Music School
Locally reknown folk organization Swallow Hill Music Organization has a wide range of classes in guitar, fiddle, drums, many other instruments and vocal. Call or pick up their free house magazine-course catalog.
1905 South Pearl St., Denver, CO 80210
- Tourdates.com <Tourdates.com> -
The Concert Listing section of this humongous Atlanta based site has local and national tour dates. Select Denver or just about any other city in the USA. Also local correspondent Lindsey Noe offers a limited overview of Denver which might perhaps be new. Hopefully it will evolve. Tourdates.com offers a free weekly e-mail notification service announcing local band events. Just go to the site and sign up.
- initial info from Lindsey Noe e-mail and site inspection 98My11Mo.
- The Underground Network <UnderGroundNet.net> - local electronic music event and venue listings.
web site excerpts: "The Underground Network started as four people with an idea to bring people together in the name of electronic music. The Webman, Murajia, Nommo, and RazorFM founded this website in October of 1998, and since then many have joined our collective. Shina, Zipa, the entire Turbo Alliance, as well as our family on the Discussion Board and those who we now communicate daily with over the web."
- Westword <Westword.com> - This weekly paper normally does a full bio on one local band a week. It might be possible to dig up archives on their site but I could not find band info there.
Outside the metro Denver-Boulder-Evergreen area (303 and 720 telephone area codes)
- Fiddler's Puppet <FiddlersPuppet.com> -
web site excerpts: "a promotion company, publisher, and musicians organization intended to promote Celtic music in the northern Colorado area."
- ref: email 20060123 Zeus MacBean
|This new column below may be used for photos and anecdotal text relating to this section.