- Bantaba World Dance & Music <DancingCircle.com> -
Cultural dance classes including African, ballroom, tango, swing, salsa, hip hop & break, Middel Eastern, modern & jazz, pilates, Copoeria, tango and also yoga instruction.
691-B S. Broadway, Boulder 80305
- Bedouin Princess <BedouinPrincess.com> - Sadie Marquardt is an "instructor and performer of Middle Eastern belly dance....offering.... classes, workshops, shows, videos and more."
(note: URL <SadieBellyDancer.com> is the same web site .)
- ref email Sadie 2004Se18.
- Bolder Moves <BolderMoves.com> - dance - yoga - body wellness "Bolder Moves seeks to bridge the gap between artistic expression and fundamental exercise principles. In doing so the students will have the resources to establish open minds, structurally correct bodies, and creative souls.......Group & private classes are offered in ballet, modern, jazz, hip-hop, breakdancing, salsa, tango, African, nelly dancing, yoga, tap, pilates and more!"
1637 Pearl St , Boulder CO 80302
- ref email George Castillo, 2002 July 18.
- The Boulder Ballet <spot.colorado.edu/~finkelst/bbe.htm> -
excerpts: "Since its inception in 1984, the Boulder Ballet has experienced dramatic growth and increasing recognition as one of Colorado's premier ballet organizations. As Boulder's civic ballet company, the Boulder Ballet provides classical ballet opportunities for professional, semi-professional and amateur dancers from throughout Boulder County, as well as for visiting professionals from surrounding communities."
Contact: Boulder Ballet, Dairy Center for the Arts
2590 Walnut St. Suite 6, Boulder CO 80302-5700
- Boulder BellyGrams by Maria <BoulderBellyGrams.com> -
Maria and her comprehesive belly dance web site are a cultural treasure trove with content on everything from Turkey to Maxwell Smart. Plus all sorts of film and book listings for belly dance. She offers classes and her site has lots of excellent links. Maria has appeared as the bellydancer in the movie "Traveler's Gin" (circa 2000). She is an Italian-American from Brooklyn and Queens and seems to have a marvelous sense of humor.
address: Boulder BellyGrams by Maria, P.M.B. # 231, 368 S. McCaslin Blvd., Louisville 80027
- Boulder Dance Alliance
and Space for Dance
2696 30th St (at Bluff St.), Boulder, CO 803xx
- The Boulder Postoley Dancers <http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~masterst> -
The Boulder Poseoley Dancers began performing in 1983 with a suite of dances from the Hutsul region ot Ukraine. They rehearse weekly and do some 20 performances per year. The Boulder Poseoley Dance Ensemble is a nonprofit corporation formed for the purpose of learning the dances and customs of other cultures and spreading the joy of folkdancing through performances, workshops and cultural exchanges. Costumes are produced by the dancers.
250 31st St., Boulder 80303
- above bio paraphrased from publicity brochure rec'd by mail 97Se05Fr.
- Carmelia African Dance <Carmelia.com> - Traditional west African, Afro-Caribbean, & Afro-Brazilian.
- Cherry Creek Dance <CherryCreekDance.com> - "classes in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, brekdancing, cheerleading, lyrical, pointe and technique for ages 18 months to adults." They also stock dance apparel
- 3000 E. Third Ave, Suite 19, Denver, CO 80206
- 12200 E. Cornell Ave., Aurora, CO 80014
- info from Lee Prosenjak email 20050905
- Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble
(See: "Robinson" below..)
- Colorado Ballet (and School) <ColoradoBallet.org> -
1278 Lincoln St., Denver, CO 80203
- Colorado Dance Alliance
P.O. Box 471, Denver, CO 80201
Publishes Colorado Dance News (See: Media-Denver-Publications.)
- Colorado Dance Festival
(It's in Festivals section.)
- Colorado Friends of Cajun/Zydeco Music and Dance
".......a SCFD....organization and member of the Village Arts Coalition, ....launched in January 1998 as a non-profit group ....to promote the music, dance and culture of southwest Louisiana along the Front Range. The organization has been sponsoring monthly dances....and bringing Louisiana Cajun and zydeco bands to Colorado. Along with providing musical and cultural information in (the) publication Et Toi!, CFCZ has also coordinated a dance excursion to Louisiana and regular dance lessons in the Denver and Boulder area."
address: 3331 S. Dayton, Denver 80231
- ref: Elli Johnson, emails 990805, 991028, 9912, 2k0711Tu.
- Colorado Friends of Oldtime Music and Dance <CFOOTMAD.org> -
web site excerpts: "a non-profit organization of folks who enjoy and promote traditional American music and dance. Membership is not required to attend....events, but members receive a discount at most.... events, receive home delivery of Attic Windows, and are eligible to vote for Board members. No partner or prior dance experience is necessary!"
(303) 592-3972 (hotline)
- Colorado Swing Dance Network <CSDN.org> - "a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting swing dancing throughout Colorado"
(City and mailing address not on file).
- Dance of the Heart <DanceOfTheHeart.com> - Argentine tango taught by Brian Dunn and Deb Sclar
- Dance West <DanceWest.com> - classes for adults and kids including ballet, jazz, African, Lindy hop. tango, swing, breakdance, yoga, tap and many others.
1637 Pearl St., Boulder 80302
- DancingTheWeb <DancingTheWeb.com> - Colorado contra dancing, and folkdancing.in Australia
- Denver Ballet Guild - (no info available yet)
- Denver DanceNet <2.csn.net/~cynth> -
- Latin Dance FX Studio <LatinDanceFX.com> - "salsa, merengue, bachata, Latin hustle, cardio salsa, nightclub, swing, ballroom....home of Salsa Caliente Dance Company....group & private dance lessons....entertainment....parties"
2828 Speer Blvd., no. 101, Denver, CO 80211
- Movement Alliance Dance <MADance.org> -
MA Dance describes itself as a "contemporary dance company performing and teaching throughout the Front Range Area"
P.O. Box 17271, Boulder, CO 80308
- ref e-mail from Shannon MD Smith, public relations MA 2kMr18
- The Reed School of Irish Dance <ReedSchool.com> -
web site excerpts: "The Reed School of Irish Dance exists to bring students the classical beauty of the dance combined with innovative, contemporary style. Dancers.... will find a teacher with a young, exuberant attitude who believes in small classes and personal attention to each and every student. Zanthia Reed opened the Reed School of Irish Dance in 1998.... Zanthia is a certified teacher registered with the Irish Dancing Commission in Dublin. She is also a member of the Western Region Irish Dance Teachers' Association of North America."
Classes are held at Colorado Performing Arts Academy
10890 East Dartmouth Avenue, Suite K
(303) 617-6051 (Reed School)
(303) 671-7484 (the Academy)
- ref. email Brian Albrecht 2004Mr24We
- Kim Robards Dance <KimRobardsDance.org> - "a professional modern dance touring company .....The mission of Kim Robards Dance is to further inter-cultural understanding and to culturally enrich the lives of people of diverse ages and backgrounds through educating, creating, performing and broadening the availability of modern dance as a truly American art form with many cultural influences and continue to include traditionally disenfranchised populations in the expression of this art form. The methods for accomplishing this include theatre performances, repertory development, touring,educational outreach, choreographic commissions, and the KRD School. KRD annually reaches more than 20,000 people through programs in a variety ofsettings. Mainstage performances are presented in some of the finest theaters. Balanced with these events in formal venues are the outreach performances and workshops offered in schools, museum, homeless shelters, detention facilities, and galleries."
(est. ca. 1987)
816 Acoma St., Denver, CO 80204
- ref. email "KRD" 2003se15mo
- Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble <CleoParkerDance.org> -
web site excerpts: "The Mission: Cleo Parker Robinson Dance is a professional multi-cultural dance-arts institution dedicated to providing instruction, performances and programs for students, artists and audiences worldwide, thereby fostering appreciation, access and the development of new audiences for dance."
"History: Cleo Parker Robinson Dance (CPRD) began as a grass roots organization in 1970. It is now a 501 (c) (3) multi-cultural performing arts organization in Denver, Colorado with a long history of serving the needs of the community. Founded with the belief that the language of dance transcends the boundries of culture, class and age, this institution is committed to bringing dance into the lives of many diverse people. CPRD is composed of a professional modern dance ensemble, year-round dance school, three-hundred seat theatre, in-school lecture demonstration series, international Summer dance institute and outreach program for at-risk youth. In 1999, CPRD became an affiliate of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts."
119 Park Avenue West (at Park Ave., Clarkson & 20th Streets), Denver 80205
- source; CPRD web site 2000Au25
- Space for Dance
(See: Boulder Dance Alliance.)
- Tango Artist <TangoArtist.com> - Paintings and prints by Dvora Kanegis, artist for the tango community
- ref email 2002 March
- Tango Colorado <TangoColorado.org> -
Offers classes, dance events, support from teachers, musicians and DJs with performances around the region for authentic tango from Argentina.
- David Taylor Dance Theatre <DTDT.org> - a "professional contemporary ballet company"
2539 W. Main St., Littleton, CO 80120
- Turning the Wheel Productions Inc. <TurningTheWheel.com> -
web site excerpts: "Turning the Wheel Productions (TTW) is an intergenerational dance/theatre company committed to the collaborative creation of works of art that are rooted in and restorative for the communities in which we perform and teach. Through extensive outreach programs to youth and elders, and a working model that is based on inclusiveness, collaboration, and unconditional acceptance, we strive to make art accessible to people of all ages, experience, and cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. "
1123 County Road 83, Boulder, CO 80302
- ref email: Aprylisa Snyder 2002 Oct. 15 Tues.
- 23 Skidoo <23Skidooland.com> -
web site excerpts: "As a non-profit organization, we are dedicated to preserving swing and early jazz music & dance through classes and education programs, competition level performance, research of the era, and providing opportunities for the enjoyment of swing, jazz, rock and roll, dixieland and other early American forms of music."
Outside Metro Denver-Boulder 303-720 Calling Area
- Aspen Ballet <AspenBallet.com> -
"resident professional dance company. Fun, contemporary ballets of renowned choreographers."
110 E. Hallam St., Suite 107, Aspen,CO 81611
(800) 905-3315 (toll free)
- International Ballet School <InternationalBalletSchool.com> -
web site excerpts: "The International Ballet School offers a professionally oriented program with classes in technique, pointe, character, classical variations, and contemporary variations." HQ in Colorado Springs with branch locations in Littleton and Monument.
127 East Bijou, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- ref email rec'd from mark carlson of IBS, 2001 July 25 We.
|New Mexico Dance
Introduction - Dance section
Link suggestions are being accepted for dance resources of many kinds throughout Colorado, New mexico and Wyoming.