- Chaco Sandals <Chacos.com> -
HQ: Paonia, CO
- Cowgirl Enterprises, Ltd. <CowgirlEnterprises.com> - skin care company founded by Donna Basse, located in Boulder
- Fashion Group International <FGI.org> -
"A Non-profit Organization for Industry Professionals"
This NYC-based group reports having about a hundred members in its Colorado chapter.
- Buu Ho Fashion Design <StudioBuu.com> - Fashion designer Buu Ho is a graduate of Art Institute of Colorado with an impressive online portfolio.
- ref email Buu Ho 2003se15mo
- Fashion Denver <FashionDenver.com> -
web site excerpts: " Fashion Denver has been created as a way to get local designers in touch with the public while networking, building business relationships, and sharing our passion for creating fashion"
- Juliana's Wardrobe <JuliannasWardrobe.com> - custom corsetry, capes, specialty wear, belly dance wear, Medieval/Renaissance & fantasy wear, goth wear, costume rentals, alterations, etc.
- LalaSun Designs <LalaSun.com> - "a fashion design and batik clothing company; designing and producing high quality hand-painted batik: pants, dresses, sarongs, skirts, halter tops, shirts and tapestries.......bags, shoes and clothing.......owned and operated by Leilea Satori and Aaron Longshore" (a Hawaii company started in Boulder, CO and still doing much of their business with Colorado)
PO Box 791616, Paia, HI 96779
- ref. email Aaron Longshore, 2002 Feb. 5 (Boulder origin confirmed by looking up domain registration)
- Meili and Me <MeiliAndMe.com> - Asian designs in denim, launched by Leslie Potter and family in 2003.
- Pearl Izumi <PearlIzumi.com> -
This wholesale firm designs running and bicycling apparel and has it's own catalog.
620 Compton St., Broomfield, CO 80020
- She She <eSheShe.com> - "custom and one-of-a-kind designs created by proprietor Crystal Sharp" and local artisans, including clothing, handbags, beaded jewelry, etc.
5 E. Bayaud Ave., Denver, CO 80209
- B. Shigley Designs <BShigley.com> - Brandi Shigley makes "funky fresh handbags with a twist of simplicity"
PO Box 181362, Denver CO 80218
- So Low Clothing <SoLowStyle.com> - Colorado-connected California-based company expanded to produce a variety of clothing that began with low-cut women's undies for young women wearing low cut slacks. Founded by Sarah Siegel-Magness, daughter of wealthy Boulder herbal tea zillionaire Mo Siegel and Mo's first wife Peggy Chambers Siegel, both of Celestial Seasonings fame. Mo is also renown behind the scenes for his feverish promotion of the controversal Urantia Book scripture, through Boulder-based Jesusonian Foundation. Sarah married billionaire beef producer/cable TV heir Gary Magness, son of cable pioneer Bob Magness (TeleCommuni-cations, Inc.) who died in 1996. At last report, both Sarah and her husband were living in Denver. Sarah's mother-in-law (her father's second wife) Jennifer Cooke of Long Island is also noteworthy in the arts as a veteran actor (See details linked on our Wikipedia links page).. So Low Clothing is headquartered in Los Angeles, California)
- Tara Hari Haute Couture <TaraHari.com> - fashion designs by Zeljka Sladovic including bridal, evening wear, ready-to-wear, and jewelry.
- ref. email 2005Se, 2005De14
- Tehama, Inc, <TehamaInc.com> - a luxury sportswear company founded in 1997 by Nancy Haley with film actor/director Clint Eastwood as financial partner. The company is named after Eastwood's golf course in Carmel, California (where notably Clint has served as mayor). The Tehama line includes golfwear and related lifestyle wear. Heley, whose husband has golfed with Eastwood, reportedly secured Eastwood's backing while having a cocktail with him. Plans for a retail chain were under consideration as of mid 2003.
- consulted. article by Vicky Lio, Denver Post 2003Je26Th, p.1c.
Introduction - Fashion Design
Colorado Arts Net will consider providing a link to any fashion designer, firm or manufacturer based in Colorado, New Mexico, or Wyoming.
animal rights advisory: Our commitment to animal rights will preclude listing any designer or fashion organization who sells or promotes leather or fur as a significant part of their operation. Conversely, those designers providing no-kill apparel may receive preference. The usage of tiny quantities of leather materials will not necessarily bar listing but even so, may greatly reduce Colorado Arts Net's interest in promoting your endeavor. Although animal rights activists are a very tiny minority, the vast majority of animals within the boundaries of civilization endure entire lives of denatured existence, physical, biological and psychological discomfort and ultimately the death penalty in order to serve the egos of fashion consumers.
The Fashion section was implemented in 1998 late March.
© Colorado Arts Net