Multi-Resource: ArtScape <ArtscapeColorado.com> - has both online listings and a full color print guide to art galleries and antique dealers in Denver and the Pikes Peak area.
Metro Denver-Boulder-Evergreen (303-720 area codes)
- A&A Art <AAArtDenver.com> -
web site excerpts: "A & A Art, Inc. carries the works of more than 50 contemporary collectible artists in stock as well as numerous museum reproductions of widely appreciated artists of the past. We handle originals, serigraphs, Giclee's, canvas transfers, lithographs, posters, sculpture, and gift items....... A & A Art, Inc. specializes in custom framing for individuals as well as artists, photographers, art resellers and corporations."
833 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204.
(800) 769-6406 (toll free)
- Abend Gallery Fine Art <AbendArt.com> - contemporary paintings, custom gilded frames and ready-mades.
2260 E. Colfax Avenue (at York St.), Denver, CO 80206
- ABS Gallery.com <ABS-Gallery.com> -
web site excerpts: "ABS-Gallery is an international on-line community and network of artists, galleries, museums, and resources for fine art." established 1994
- ref. email: Evalinde Michele krammer, 2002 July 25 Th.
- Art Mart <ArtMart-Outlet.com> -
Over 300 artists wares on display. Paintings, photography, textiles, jewelry, pottery.
1222 Pearl St.Boulder
- ArtCycle <ArtCycle.com> -
"Specializing in art on the secondary market, new & upcoming artists, and current pieces from today's top artists."15th & Pearl St., Boulder
- Artists On Santa Fe <ArtistsOnSantaFe.com> -
Art studios and gallery featuring the works of a collective group as well as guest artists. Painting, photography, pottery and sculpture.
747 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO 80204
- Artz <ArtzArtz.com> - contemporary handcrafted works of artists from around the world
2617 E. Third Ave. (Cherry Creek North), Denver, CO 80206
- Colorado Vintage Poster Gallery (See: "Gallerie Rouge" below.)
- Core New Art Space <CoreNewArtSpace.com> -
Contemporary Art, nonprofit membership co-op, inception: c. 1980
"CORE provides professional gallery space to its members as well as the broader arts community and offers additional opportunities in the form of juried feature exhibitions. (Their) activities encourage the exploration of new and different forms of expression and promote the understanding of contemporary art for the general public."
2045 Larimer St., Denver, CO 80205
- quoted info paraphrased from Core web site viewed 98ap20Mo
- Creator Mundi <CreatorMundi.com> - Christian iconographic art primarily from three artists.
gallery: 2910 E. 3rd Ave., Denver, CO 80206
mail: Creator Mundi, Inc., POB 794, Littleton, CO 80160
- Dearborn Rieder Fine Art <DearbornRieder.com> - offering "an eclectic mix of contemporary fine art, oils, watercolor, pastel, sculpture, and photography. The gallery represents both regional and national artists....."
1420 Pearl St. (on the Mall), Boulder, CO 80303
- ref. letter Nancy Franke rec'd 2002Oc29Tu.
- Denver Art Dealers Association <DenverArt.org> -
mission statement: "The Denver Art Dealers Association is comprised of independently operated private dealers whose primary business is the marketing of unique and original art. The association seeks to promote the highest standards of scholarship, connoisseurship and ethical practices."
DADA, 311 Detroit St., Denver, CO 80206
- ref. email, Ken Elliott, webmaster, DADA, 2002 Feb. 19 Tues.
- Denver International Airport Web <DIAWeb.com> -
(aka: DIA Web) Denver's world class airport is a not only an urban work of art. It features lots of art.
- Gallerie Rouge <GallerieRouge.com> - European vintage poster art. "the largest collection of original vintage posters in Denver. These posters were printed using stone lithography and date from as far back as the late 1800's."
311 Detroit St., Denver, CO 80206
note: Gallerie Rouge was formerly known as "Colorado Vintage Poster Gallery."
- Gallery M <GalleryM.com> - fine art, photography, & sculpture.
290 Filmore St. (Cherry Creek North area), Denver
- Gallery Sovereign <GallerySovereign.com> "GallerySovereign is a community driven co-operative art Gallery that provides local emerging and established artists an opportunity to show their work...."
1537 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302
- info Mark Ewing, owner/director, 2003Ja17Fr
- Gallery West, Inc. <GalleryWestDenver.com> - "Representing great artists whose talent and vision of art mirrors the spirit inherent in the West. Also featuring a selection of handmade textiles from Guatemala."
215 West 13th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
- ref. email, Laurie Nelson, owner, 2002Au22Th.
- Gallup House Fine Art <Gallup-House.com> -
web site excerpts: "Historic art of Colorado, New Mexico and the west"
P.O. Box 9249, Denver CO 80209
- Sophia Georg Gallery <SophiaGeorgGallery.com> -
(formerly Bridgette Schlugger Gallery)
265 Detroit St., Denver
- The Great Frame Up <TGFU.com> - National retail art framing chain with at least seven Colorado locations including one on Capitol Hill in Denver.
1017 E. 9th Ave., Denver, CO 80218 -
- Indian Hills Gallery <IndianHillsGallery.com> - "Petoskey stones & Petoskey stone jewelry"
2011 Tenth St., Boulder, CO 80302 (also located in Petoskey, Michigan)
- Indigos <Indigos.com> -
215 W. 13th Ave. Denver
- Innovative Design and Concepts, Inc. <IDC4Art.com> - African American art gallery, fine art publishing & distribution.
4676 Freeport Way, Denver , CO 80239
- ref email 2001Au02Th, Maurice Wyatt
- International Villa <InternationalVilla.com> -
"a showcase for over eighty of America's leading art glass artists"
262 Fillmore St. (in Cherry Creek North),
Denver, CO 80206
(800) 759-9696 (toll free)
- Maclaren Markowitz Gallery <MMGFineArt.com> - painting, sculpture, ceramics, glass, jewelry
Pearl Street Gallery
1011 Pearl St., Boulder, CO 80302
The Village at Flatiron Crossing
1 W. flatiron Cir. #216, Broomfield, CO 80021
- William Matthews Gallery <WilliamMatthewsGallery.com> -
This gallery may be wholly dedicated to one artist who appears to be incredibly prolific.
1617 Wazee St. (in LoDo), Denver 80202
(also linked in Artist section as "William Matthews, watercolorist")
- The Merrill Gallery of Fine Art Ltd. <MerrillGallery.com> -
Realism, Contemporary & Traditional
Alamo Plaza Bldg., 1401 17th St., Denver, CO 80202
- Metro Center for the Visual Arts <MSCD.edu/news/cva> -
1701 Wazee St., Denver, CO 80202
(Metropolitan State College of Denver)
- Morph Gallery <MorphGallery.com> - contemporary fine art, photography, one-of-a-kind furniture.
305 W. 11th Ave., Denver 80204
- Mosadi's Collections <Mosadis.com> -
Fine art and limited editions, including paintings and sculpture, mostly by African artists and African American artists.
1670 York St., Denver, CO
- Old South Frame and Gallery <FrameAndGallery.com> -
Fine contemporary and vintage art, custom framing, posters, prints & pottery.
1588 S. Pearl St., Denver 80210
(303) 715-3828 - (888) 518-7094 (toll free)
- Tam O'neill Fine Arts <TamOneillFineArts.com>
Western Americana, Natural History, Audubon, Antique Prints
311 Detroit St., Denver, CO 80206 (Cherry Creek North)
(303) 355-7711 - (800) 4-AUDUBON - (800) 428-3826 (toll free)
- ref. e-mail fr. Tam O'Neill, 2000Mr18Sa
- Open Press <OpenPressLtd.com> - "a fine art printmaking facility & gallery venue for artists working in Denver."
40 W. Bayaud Ave. (just off Broadway), Denver, CO 80223
- Pirate: a Contemporay Art Oasis <PirateArt.org> - The Pirate, describes itself as "an audacious and eclectic alternative, cooperative gallery". It has a history of producing visual and performance art shows that are on the edge of the cerebral breaking point and sometimes on the edge of censorship (eg. Annie Sprinkle show, circa '92). The Pirate was founded by Phil Bender in 1980.
3659 Navajo St., Denver 80211
- Pismo <PismoGlass.com> - "fine art glass"
2727 E. Third Ave., Denver 80206
(also located in Beaver Creek, Vail & Aspen)
- RedShift Framing <RedShiftFraming.com> - fine art framing and gallery
2201 Larimer St. (downtown, Ballpark neighborhood), Denver, CO 80205
- Revoluciones <Revoluciones.com> -
(web site was not up yet when we checked 2001 Oct.13)
collective art space, visual and tactile art, photography, performance art and music performance, established 1998
719 W. 8th Ave., Denver, CO 80204
- Robischon - <Robischon.com> online domain to be registered and activated soon (per Robiscon Gallery, 2001 June 06 Wed.)
Abstract, realism, symbolism.
1740 Wazee St., Denver
- Royce Galleries Ltd. <RoyceGalleries.com> -
290 Fillmore, St., 2nd level (at E. Third Ave. in Cherry Creek North),
Denver, CO 80206
- Rule Modern & Contemporary <RuleGallery.com> -
(web site not online yet - per 2000 June 08 and not found 2001 June 06.)
Modern & contemporary paintings, photography & sculpture. Works on paper by regional & national artists. Founded 1987.
111 Broadway, Denver, 80203
- Savageau Gallery <SavageauArt.com> - est. 1972
"fine antique American & European art of the 19th and 20th centuries, especially Colorado historical & regional works" ...also some contemporary regional artists. Fine art framing services - proprietor Stephen Savageau.
137 W. Tenth Ave. (at Bannock St.), Denver 80204
(800) 326-1102 (toll free)
- direct survey Stephen S. 98ap13mo, revised from brochure 2kMay29Mo; updated 2007Ap16Mo
- Shankar Gallery <Shankar-Gallery.com> -
1840 Violet St., Boulder, CO 80304
- Show of Hands <ShowOfHandsDenver.com> - ((web address temporarily or permanently down when checked 2001 June 06 Wed.))
2610 E. 3rd Ave. (in Cherry Creek North),
Denver, CO 80206
- Sloane Gallery of Art - contemporary Russian Art
1612 Seventeenth St., Denver, CO 80202
(Planning to get web site soon - per 99July28)
- Neal R. Smith Fine Art <FinePaintings.com> -
"Historic Colorado paintings, Colorado artists (1870-1940), Collectible Southwestern art, regionalism, Plein air paintings, Western landscape....complimentary appraisals"
P. O. Box 200008 Denver, CO 80220
- Spark Gallery <SparkGallery.org> -
opened: 1979: visual arts
Spark Gallery formed in March 1979, as a cooperative owned, artist-run gallery. It provides space for exhibitions and events in the visual arts. The advantages of an artist-run gallery include the artists' ability to control the environment in which their work is viewed and opportunity to display experimental and collaborative work. Events of this nature have included film and video showings. In addition to art by its members., there is a juried show, which all artists can enter and other community shows during the year.
Spark became involved with offering classes to people with AIDS in 1993 and has continued to offer classes with grants. Laurie Hamilton is the spear head of this project and approaches it now with love and conviction for the people with the last stages of aids to offer them expression through art. Once a year Spark puts on a show of their work.
1535 Platte St., Denver, CO 80202
- Spirits in the Wind Gallery <SpiritsInTheWindGallery.com> -
"Western, Southwestern, American Indian and lodge art. established in 1992"
1211 Washington Ave., Golden, CO 80401
- Studio 1818 <Studio1818.com>
Arts, Blown Glass & Jewelry. Most of the paintings and half of the art objects at this gallery are local.
1818 Blake St., Denver, CO
- Th' Ink Tank Tattoo <ThInkTankTattoo.com> - the studio of tattoo artist Jeff Kopp and friends not only does tattooes but also "specializes in lowbrow art, alternative, underground and some custom culture." The gallery opened 2002 March. (Jeff formerly worked at Twisted Sol.)
1518 Wazee St. (at 15th St. in LoDo),
Denver, CO 80202
- ref. email Dina 2002 Oct. 22 Tu.
- Third Canyon Gallery <Thirdcanyon.com>
aka: Deborah Melnick's Third Canyon Callery
1512 Larimer St., Suite R 13, at Writers' Square, Denver 80202
(303) 893-3936; (800) 570-4ART
Outside the metro Denver-Boulder-Evergreen area (303 and 720 telephone area codes)
- Art, Artifact and Antiquity Collections <ArtArtifact.com> - "Fine original art, museum quality artifacts and antiquities from 3500 BC to the 19th century." 413 E. Hyman, Aspen, CO 81611 (888) 833-1611 (toll free)
- Aspen Gallery Association
(no details or URL available at this time)
- Baldwin Gallery <BaldwinGallery.com> -
209 S. Galena, Aspen, CO 81611
- Cardozo Gallery <EdwardCurtis.com>
photography of Edward Curtis
- Pamela Driscol Gallery <PamDriscolGallery.com> -
- David Floria Gallery <FloriaGallery.com> -
312 S. Mill St., Aspen, CO 81611
- Galerie Maximillian <GalerieMax.com> -
602 E. Cooper (Between Hunter & Spring), Aspen, CO 81611
- Heather Gallery <HeatherGallery.com> -
"American contemporary crafts.......an eclectic assortment of pottery, sculpture, jewelry, furniture and home accessories crafted by individual artisans throughout the United States."
555 E. Durant Ave., Aspen, CO 81611
- Huntsman Gallery of Fine Art, Ltd. <HuntsmanGallery.com> -
web site excerpts: "founded in 1990 by internationally acclaimed sculptor Don Huntsman to showcase museum-quality art from some of the finest traditionally inspired artists throughout the world. Styles range from realism to impressionism and include paintings, sculpture, drawings, pastels, watercolors, acrylics and serigraphs."
521 E. Hyman Ave., Aspen, Colorado 81611
(800) 879-8988 (toll free)
- Thomas Kinkade Galleries <KinkadeOnline.com> -
- E.S. Lawrence Gallery Fine Art <ESLawrence.com> -
516 E. Hyman Ave., Aspen, CO 81611
(800) 646-9504 (toll free)
- Magidson Fine Art <Magidson.com> -
- Omnibus Gallery <OmnibusGallery.com> -
web site excerpts: "The Omnibus Gallery features one of the world's largest collections of original, rare, and vintage posters, primarily from the late 1880s to World War II when stone lithography was at its zenith. "
422 E. Cooper Ave., Aspen, CO 81611
- The Rachael Collection <RachaelCollection.com>
"contemporary glass masters"
- Toklat Gallery <ToklatGallery.com> -
"fine arts and unique hand crafted items"
- Wind River Gallery <WindRiverGallery.com> -
contemporary Western American art
505 E. Hyman Ave., Aspen, CO 81611
- Boulder Street Gallery <BoulderStreetGallery.com> - "customing framing, original artworks, limited editions and prints, from nationally known artists and tomorrows emerging stars."
725 North Tejon St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(877) 964-ARTS (2787) (toll free)
- Hayden Hays Gallery <HaydenHaysGallery.com> -
Hayden Hays Gallery, Broadmoor Hotel
One Lake Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Holloman Gallery <HollomanGallery.com> - bronze and steel sculpture
2607 W. Colorado Ave. (in old Colorado City),
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(888) 635-4141 (toll free)
- Kemper Galleries <KemperGalleries.com> -
5420 N. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- The Simpich Character Doll Gallery <Simpich.com> - "exclusive handmade figures & original paintings since 1952"
2413 W. Colorado Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- The Squash Blossom <SquashBlossom.com> -
2531 W. Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
- Canyon Spirit Gallery <CanyonSpiritGallery.com> - "Specializing in rustic furniture and pottery by artists/owners Scott LeCocq and Bonnie Antich.
The gallery also represents the works of many other local, regional & national artists in a variety of mediums."
246 Pine St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- ref. email from Bonnie Antich 20060204.
- Indigo Gallery <IndigoGallery.com> -
163 W. Mountain Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Walnut Street Gallery <WalnutSt.com> -
specializing in Rock n' Roll contemporary fine art
217 Linden St., Fort Collins, CO 80524
(800) RockOut (toll free) (719) 632-1899
- Giclee Print Net <GicleePrint.net> - Giclee printer, dealer and gallery.
Giclee Print Net, Inc., 228 S. Union Ave., Pueblo, CO 81003
(866) 509-8867 (toll free)
(also has gallery in NYC)
- ref. email 2002 June 02
- Cristof's <Cristofs.com> - gallery
Santa Fe, NM
- William DeBilzan Gallery <WilliamDeBilzan.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
- Gaugy Gallery <Gaugy.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
- Good Hands Gallery <GoodHandsGallery.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
- Karan Ruhlen Gallery <KaranRuhlen.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
- Nedra Matteucci Galleries <Matteucci.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
- Joyce Robins Gallery <JoyceRobins.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
(800) 989-8795 (toll free)
- Santa Fe Gallery Association
PO Box 9245, Santa Fe 87504
(no web address known - will search)
- Thirteen Moons Gallery <ThirteenMoonsGallery.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
- Ventana Fine Art <VentanaFineArt.com> -
Santa Fe, NM
(800) 746-8815 (toll free)
Art Galleries and Dealers
- (Some Wyoming galleries to be linked soon.)
Introduction - Art Dealers
The Arts Galleries and Dealers section provides links to galleries and art dealers throughout Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming. We prefer to know the year your business was founded. You should provide a very brief description of your gallery or art dealing business, full location, mailing address with ZIP code, and full phone number.
© Colorado Arts Net