||Related sections: Site Map
- ballet: See Dance section.
- bands: See the Bands & Musicians subsection in the Music section.
- body modification arts: See "Body Arts" (under Visual Arts) for tattoo & piercing web sites.
- cartoon art: CAN might have a section for this eventually.
- catalogs: Local record catalogs and labels are listed in the Record & Sound Trade section.
- celebrities: See Hall of Fame section for many famous people with a Colorado connection, especially many in Denver area.
- choreographers: See Theater section.
- comedy: See Comedy section.
- concert promoters: See Promoters
- contacting Colorado Arts Net: Use our Contact page.
- copyright info: See Notices.
- dance: See Dance section.
- dance ensembles: See Dance section.
- dance parties: Dance party and rave event promoters are listed in the Promoters section. You may be able to find additional info on the regional rave scene by browsing the Mountain section of the fabulous (non-local) Hyperreal web site at www.hyperreal.com We even found listings for phat fashion outlets in Denver and local record stores selling large collections of ambient and techno.
- Demographic Arts & Culture: This section links resources focused on minority and demographic groups for arts, entertainment, media, history and humanities.
- discophiles: Surf the Record & Sound Trade section and the People section.
- DJs: Independent dance and party disc jocks with web sites are linked in the Record & Sound Trade section.
- famous entertainers: Colorado: Hall of Fame - This opening page is the Cow-lorado Hall of Fame. It indexes Denver area entertainment celebrities, historical stars from the area, major national figures with links to Denver, and just a few cultural and literary figures. Examples include The Smothers Brothers, Bob Dylan, Judy Collins, Antoinette Perry (the Tony Awards), Douglas Fairbanks, Jack Kerouac, Tommy Bolin and macabre writer Stephen King. Stars and stage achievers from other parts of Colorado may be incorporated into the index eventually.
- fashion design: The fashion design section links to any designer or clothing store who has in-house fashion design or specializes in locally made fashions.
- festivals: See Festivals section. CAN keeps up on about forty festivals in summer seasons. You'll find contact info, site links and general data.
- film: See Film
- galleries: See: Art Galleries & Dealers section.
- gardening: See Environmental Design section.
- gay arts & culture: The "Demographic Arts & Culture" section will have many listings of interest to gays and other minority and demographic groups.
- government agencies & support: Check the Arts Organizations section. You might also check respective categories like Theater and Film. I migh file some govt. listings that way if they apply to specific genres of arts and entertainment. The mayor offices of most Colorado cites have arts related listings in Colorado's local phone books. The state probably has a few too. Local governments tend to be involved the channeling of arts funding, in the dispensing of film permits and permits for concerts in streets and parks.
- labels: See Record & Sound Trade in the Music section.
- landmarks in Colorado arts & entertainment: See Landmarks This small section provides historical highlights on some of Denver and Colorado's places where arts & entertainment magic has occurred. For example Did you know that Bob Dylan, Douglas Fairbanks and the Smothers Brothers all once lived on Denver's Capitol Hill where and that the latter was first discovered by a talent scout while clowning around in the Satire?
- libraries: See Literary Arts & Libraries.
- management: See Agents
- Media division: Radio & television stations, periodicals, literary arts & journalism, and major area arts web hubs are linked.
- movie theaters: See Film. I will be listing only special theaters, not the common commercial genre in most cases. The theaters I prefer to list are those which exhibit classic, foreign and special films. I will list Imax for it's incredible visual nature. I will list all web sites detailing local movie theater showings. Venues which occasionally show films may be listed under Venues.
- music video production: See Film section and or Record & Sound Trade section.
- musical instruments: - See Musical Supplies section.
- nonprofit organizations: Check Arts Organizations or respective disciplines like Film or Photography or Fashion.
- notices for Colorado Arts Net: See Notices.
- party DJs: See "Event Promoter" section.
- people: Many celebrities, arts leaders and the like are gradually being biographed in the People section. To find the best of them check the Cowtown Hall of Fame first. It will spin you directly to particular biographs in the People section.
- places, auspicious: See Landmarks.
- poetry: Consult the Literary Arts section for limited listings.
- promoters: See Promoters, Tickets & Event Lines section.
- promotional advice: See Notices section. See "How to Promote Your Specialty."
- publications, arts: See Media - The Media section is a large list of regional arts publications, radio stations & TV stations with links and contact info. This is a great section for organizing your press releases or digging up archives on regional entertainment.
- publicists: See Agents.
- schools: Check the Schools for the Arts section. Some schools may be listed by discipline such as Theater or Film or Photography.
- sheet music: See Musical Supplies section.
- sound and lighting services for events: Sound services will be under Record & Sound Trade. See also: Music Suppliers.
- spoken word: Consult the Literary Arts section for limited listings.
- sports: See Sports Entertainment page.
- stage supplies: See Goods and Services.
- standup comedy: See Comedy section.
- studios, film: See Film section.
- studios, recording: See Record & Sound Trade in the Music section.
- studios, rehersal: This can be hard to categorize. Recording studios might end up under Record & Sound Trade. Band rehersal stidios could be filed there or under Goods and Services. If it's theatrical, see the Theater section. See Venues As the Venues section develops I will try to create pictographic icons to mark venue categories such as rehersal venues.
- submission guidelines: See Notices
- symphonies: See the Symphonies subsection in the Music section.
- venues: general: See Venues section for clubs, stages and other venues throughout Colorado, New Mexico, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.
- video: See Film.
- web design: See Internet Services section for web designers, Internet services and resources.
- web sites, leading: The best and fattest general local arts and entertainment web sites are linked on the Big Web Hubs page. The sites listed are the local cream of the crop and may include both corporate and government and also private sites. For a larger limited list of the best web sites in all and specialized disciplines of the arts, consult the Leading Links section. This section has only select sites which are chosen by editorial preference. To find all web sites, small and large, check any section of CAN for a particular discipline such as Theater, Dance, Photography or Bands.
- world arts & entertainment: See ArtsA2Z.com , a separate web site in development. It is devoted primarily to providing abundant links to arts hub web sites worldwide.
- 'zines: See Media section.
Introduction - Master Index
Pick a topic above and click linked text. Or try the Site Map.