Schools & Arts Programs
And Instructional Resources for the Arts
- A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-XYZ -
Other schools may be found in sections such as Dance or Film or Theater or Photography.
The ones listed here may be those that cover two or more arts disciplines or would otherwise not be found in other sections.
- Ah Haa School for the Arts <AhHaa.org> - Founded in 1990 in the San Juan Mountains, for artists of any age or level. Year-round workshops taught by local and national instructors and artists. Ceramics, pastels, welding, photography, painting, mixed media, jewelry making and more. Indoor & outdoor classrooms, gallery space & fully equipped ceramics studio. Home of the American Academy of Bookbinding.
- ref. email, Lauren Metzger, 2010Ap16fr.
- Art in the Aspens <ArtAspens.com> - painting workshops in The Colorado Rocky Mountains
The Art Students League of Denver <ASLD.org> -
The Art Students leage of Denver describes itself as follows: "501(c)(3) non-profit art school whose mission is to provide quality fine arts instruction to adults and children of all abilities in a non-competitive environment at a low cost." They offer courses in oil, watercolor, pastels and much more.
- CIA (See: Colorado Institute of Art.)
- Colorado Free University <FreeU.com> -
CFU offers scores of classes in acting, music, cinematography, comedy and dance.
- Colorado Institute of Art (C.I.A.) <AII.edu> -
(member: Art Institutes International)
CIA offers an incredible abundance of courses in music business, audio and video production, scriptwriting, photography, broadcasting, computer animation, multimedia authoring, fashion design, graphic arts and much more. CIA is a member of Art Institutes, Interntional.
- Denver University
Lamont School of Music <DU.edu/lamont> -
- Arthur Murray Dance Studio <ArthurMurray.com> -
2222 S. Havana St., Aurora, CO 80014,
- Naropa <Naropa.edu> -
- John Robert Powers <JRPDenver.com> - classes and workshops for modeling, acting, film production, singing, dancing and makeup artistry, all ages from kids to adult.
400 S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 330 (Wells Fargo Bank Building)
- ref. email from Angel McClinton, 2007De05We
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design <RMCAD.edu> -
(and Phillip J. Steele Gallery)
Courses include painting, drawing, sculpture, graphic design, and illustration.
- Rocky Mountain Digital Arts Center <RMDAC.com> -
excerpts: "The Rocky Mountain Digital Arts Center is a unique educational facility, digital gallery and cutting-edge development studio, with one of the the most complete digital arts curriculums in the country..."
- Swallow Hill Music Assn. <SwallowHill.com> -
Swallow Hill Music School
Locally reknown folk organization Swallow Hill Music Organization has a wide range of classes in guitar, fiddle, drums, many other instruments and vocal. Call or pick up their free house magazine-course catalog.
- University of Colorado <http://CUOnline.edu> -
CU music class listings:<http://cuonline.edu/music.html> -
CU theater class listings: <http://cuonline.edu/theater.html> -
- Vocal Arts Studio
Vocal Arts teaches basic singing and theatrical vocals and popular styles.
co-op owned by 4 people
- call-in survey: David Sherman of Cabaret Diosa 97My09Fr
Introduction - Schools
Any arts or entertainment related school or instructional resource having its own dedicated domain name such as "TheBigArtsSchool.com" and based in Colorado will probably qualify for a free link in ColoradoArts.Net. Schools for specific disciplines like dance or film may be found in those sections. Individual classes and schedules will not be listed. Educational resources here will cover such areas as acting, conservatory training, guitar instruction, MIDI, fashion modeling, sound engineering, art, etc.